The STAR Center aims to bring together faculty, students and visiting researchers with many different backgrounds to jointly tackle various problems in automation and robotics. Our core areas are:
- Applied Robotics: (build and) integrate and tune all necessary components to develop fully functional systems capable of solving real-world tasks (Andre Rosendo, Sören Schwertfeger)
- Optimal, distributed and model predictive control, optimization, mathematical modeling in the context of robotics (Boris Houska, Jie Lu)
- Online 3D Localization, Mapping and Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), offline 3D modeling and reconstruction; Quality estimation for maps and models (Laurent Kneip, Sören Schwertfeger)
- Perception, Computer Vision and Object Recognition (Laurent Kneip, Sören Schwertfeger)
- Invitations for future faculty also in Machine Learning, Mechatronics, Locomotion, Bio-inspired robotics and human-machine interaction, …
Please refer to our laboratories.